Don’t pack away your swimsuit just yet! Just because winter has arrived it doesn’t mean you have to be stuck indoors until spring arrives. Get out and enjoy a day at the waterpark! No, you didn’t hear me wrong! That’s right, Schlitterbahn Waterpark and Resort South Padre Island features a heated indoor waterpark where families can enjoy a day of splashing fun. A trip as fun as this is sure to toss away the winter blues.
Top 5 Things to know when visiting Schlitterbahn Waterpark and Resort South Padre Island during the winter.
1. Schlitterbahn South Padre Island Resort provides beachfront family accomodations at an affordable price all throughout the week. However, the indoor waterpark is only open Sat-Sun during the months of January through February. The waterpark is also open during March on Saturdays and Sundays but will also be open all week during the weeks of the 9th – 13th and 16th – 20th for spring break. For a complete schedule click HERE.
2. Schlitterbahn South Padre Island Resort is located directly on the beach with easy peasy access points from both the outdoor waterpark and resort location. Parents, you won’t be disappointed at how truly great the beach access is and how clean this beach is. The kids will have a great time searching for shells and watching the hermit crabs come out in the evenings. Okay, that may be one of my favorite things but you will enjoy it too!!
3. Affordability….Affordability….Affordability. Did I mention affordability? As a frugal mom affordability is a huge factor for me when planning a family vacation. Schlitterbahn makes me breath a lot easier with frugal features such as allowing families to bring their own coolers into the waterpark. This is HUGE for my family because two hungry boys at a snack bar could very well break me. No joke! I have very hungry boys!!! Another frugal feature I love so much is life jackets, bodyboards, picnic facilities and tubes (including tubes with bottoms for children) are all included free with your paid waterpark admission.
4. Dinner Shows! Throughout January and February you can enjoy a fun filled evening of music from 6:30pm – 9pm with musical talent from Branson and beyond! Resort guests receive discounted admission.
5. Winterfest! Mark your calendar for January 28th, 2015 and get ready to boogie down with some great musical performances and feed your appetite with food provided by the Shrimp Haus. Resort guests receive FREE admission. Tickets for non-resort guests can be purchased for just $17! Find out more information HERE!